Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
- 50ml rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 cm piece cucumber, deseeded and sliced in thin half moons
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced in rounds
- 2 avocado, halved, skinned and mashed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and diced
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 400g raw king prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- half lime, zest and juice
- 8 taco shells
- mixed leaves
- soured cream (optional)
- extra coriander leaves
- Prepare pickles at least an hour ahead so that they have time to marinate. Heat the vinegar and sugar with the peppercorns in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved. Cool slightly. Combine all the vegetables in a bowl, pour over the vinegar and set aside for at least an hour or cover and chill overnight.
- To make the guacamole, combine all the ingredients, season with some salt and pepper, cover and set aside until required.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and garlic and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until they are pink. Season with the lime zest and juice and a little salt and pepper.
- To serve; warm the taco shells according to the packet instructions, then pile in some guacamole, leaves, prawns and top with the pickles, soured cream (if using) and extra coriander.
If you can, make the pickled vegetables the night before so that they crisp up and take on a pretty pink hue.
The refreshing pickled vegetables require a similarly refreshing wine with a light sweetness. To match the prawns and the light spiciness of the Mexican dish, choose a more fruit-forward German Sauvignon Blanc.
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.
Apples, watermelon, radish and fennel topped with salted hazelnuts and shavings of pecorino.
Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel
Packed with delicious veggetables and herbs, the Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel makes for a perfect simple summer supper!
Miso Roasted Aubergine with Noodle Salad
Aubergine takes on a great rich and honeyed flavoured when roasted until soft. Serve it with a fresh noodle salad for tangy kick.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of summer in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.