A quick and easy recipe for Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce. If you love cod fish recipes, try this flavorful dish for dinner tonight!
- 2 aubergines, halved lengthways
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- half cucumber, halved deseeded and cut in half moons
- 200g fresh rice noodles
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- handful Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4. Cut a criss-cross pattern into the cut side of the aubergine and then brush with a little oil and place cut side down on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes. Combine the miso and honey. Turn the cut side of the aubergine up and brush with the paste. prinkle over the sesame seeds and roast for another 10-15 minutes until golden and oozing.
- Whilst the aubergines cook prepare the salad. Place the cucumber, in a colander in the sink, sprinkle with table salt and set aside for 15 minutes to drain. Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- Combine the cucumber, noodles, radishes and herbs in a bowl. Mix together the fish sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice and the chilli and pour over the salad. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve alongside the aubergine.
Aubergine takes on a great rich and honeyed flavoured when roasted until soft. The fresh noodle salad paired with right wine gives it a tangy kick! Complement this fantastic dish with the delicate fruitiness and elegant acidity of a dry German Weissburgunder.
Pan seared cod in a tomato and basil sauce
Mushroom and Herb Polenta
Herby and creamy polenta brought to life with earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese!
A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!