These pies are classic British comfort food! Share them with friends and family on a crisp autumn day.
- 2 aubergines, halved lengthways
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- half cucumber, halved deseeded and cut in half moons
- 200g fresh rice noodles
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- handful Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4. Cut a criss-cross pattern into the cut side of the aubergine and then brush with a little oil and place cut side down on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes. Combine the miso and honey. Turn the cut side of the aubergine up and brush with the paste. prinkle over the sesame seeds and roast for another 10-15 minutes until golden and oozing.
- Whilst the aubergines cook prepare the salad. Place the cucumber, in a colander in the sink, sprinkle with table salt and set aside for 15 minutes to drain. Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- Combine the cucumber, noodles, radishes and herbs in a bowl. Mix together the fish sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice and the chilli and pour over the salad. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve alongside the aubergine.
Aubergine takes on a great rich and honeyed flavoured when roasted until soft. The fresh noodle salad paired with right wine gives it a tangy kick! Complement this fantastic dish with the delicate fruitiness and elegant acidity of a dry German Weissburgunder.
Individual Beef and Red wine Pies
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.
Apples, watermelon, radish and fennel topped with salted hazelnuts and shavings of pecorino.
Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel
Packed with delicious veggetables and herbs, the Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel makes for a perfect simple summer supper!