A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
A delicious butterscotch tart rammed with flaked almonds and baked with a hint of lemon, served with tangy lemon cream.
- 175g flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- pinch salt
- 80g butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g flaked almonds
- 110g butter
- 110g light brown sugar
- 50ml milk
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 200ml double cream
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, add the salt and butter and rub in using your fingers until it looks like fine crumbs (or you can put it in a food processor and pulse until combined). Stir in the egg with 2-3 tsp cold water. Bring the dough together, dust a work surface and roll out to fit a 23cm shallow fluted loose-bottomed tin. Trim the edges and then chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6. Place the chilled tart on a baking tray, line with parchment and baking beans and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and continue cooking for another 10-12 minutes until the pastry is golden all over.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the almonds in a large pan or frying pan, moving them around the pan until they are golden. Remove from the pan, add the butter, sugar and milk, cook slowly until the butter has melted and then increase the heat and let it bubble for a minute. Stir in the lemon zest and the toasted almonds.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5. Pour the sticky almonds into the pastry case, level the surface and bake for another 15 minutes until bubbling. Let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar and then whisk it into the cream until it holds soft peaks. Serve alongside wedges of the tart.
Pair this delicious dessert with a sweeter style of Riesling, or Riesling Sekt.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.