These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g green Thai paste
- 4 free range chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1cm piece fresh grated ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 stick lemon grass, finely chopped
- 30g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 fresh, frozen or dried kaffir lime leaves
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 100ml chicken stock
- 20g fresh basil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 300g jasmine rice, washed and drained
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 fresh, frozen or dried kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl add the the chicken mix well. Cover the bowl then place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the sauce heat the 1 tbsp oil in a pan then gently fry the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and lemongrass for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the coriander, coconut milk, the lime leaves, turmeric and chicken stock. Gently bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the basil and blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the chicken and marinade, and stir-fry over a moderate heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the peppers and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile add all the rice ingredients to a saucepan with a tight fitting lid and pour over 600ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil, and then turn the heat to low and cover the pan tightly with a lid
- Cook for 10-12 minutes without uncovering the pan then transfer to a warm serving dish and serve with the Thai green curry.
As Riesling is well-known match for Thai cuisine, we recommend an off-dry Riesling for a delicious sweetness-acidity ratio.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.
Apples, watermelon, radish and fennel topped with salted hazelnuts and shavings of pecorino.
Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel
Packed with delicious veggetables and herbs, the Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel makes for a perfect simple summer supper!
Miso Roasted Aubergine with Noodle Salad
Aubergine takes on a great rich and honeyed flavoured when roasted until soft. Serve it with a fresh noodle salad for tangy kick.