Terms and Conditions
- The rules below are the rules governing the participation of entrants to Wines of Germany Riesling Moments (the “Entrants”) and all Entrants must comply with these rules (the “Rules”).
- By submitting an entry (an “Entry”) to participate in Wines of Germany Riesling Moments all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Rules.
- The deadline for entry to the competitions will be 23:59 Friday 31st July 2018.
- Definition of “winners”: –
(a) The winner comprises of one Riesling Quiz entrant randomly selected by the Judging Panel. This winner will be selected from the entries received on the website by the closing time and date of the competition
Entrants and Participation
5. It is a condition of entry to the Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz that each Entrant must be resident in the United Kingdom and aged 18 years or over.
10. It is free to enter Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz and accordingly no purchase or other financial compensation is required to participate or be an Entrant.
11. Entries will not be accepted if they are submitted through agents or third parties on behalf of an Entrant.
12. Entry to Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz is not open to employees or the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or any third party associated with the administration of Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz.
13. In order to be eligible for Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz, Entries must provide their full name and contact details on request.
14. By entering this competition, entrants confirm that they:
(a) are the creator of the Work and they own all intellectual property rights subsisting in it (and any constituent part of it).
15. The Promoter reserves the right to make any checks it considers necessary to establish the validity of the information provided concerning any Entrant and/or their Entry.
How to Enter
16. An Entry can be submitted by an Entrant by completing and submitting an online entry form which can be found on the websitehttp://winesofgermany.co.uk/31-days/competition/ (the “Website”)
17. In order for an Entry to be eligible for the Prize all official entries must be received by the Promoter by 23.59 on Friday 31st July (the “Closing Date”).
18. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be eligible to win.
19. All Entries which have been received by the Promoter by the Closing Date, which are complete, legible, conform to the entry requirements and which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, are not in contravention of the Rules or otherwise invalid, will be confirmed via ‘confirmation email’ from the Email Address.
20. Entrants certify that all images, photos and tweets contained in the Work are their own creation and that they own, and will continue to own all intellectual property rights subsisting in them and they have the right to grant the Promoter the licences contained in these Rules.
21. By entering Wines of Germany Riesling Moments each Entrant agrees:
(a) if they are a Winner:
(i) to participate in publicity concerning Wines of Germany Riesling Moments reasonably requested by the Promoter, its group companies or its (or their) employees, directors or agents.
23. The winner will be notified via an email from the Email Address and a total of five whole business days from the sending of the email from the Email Address will be allowed for response from the Entrant to ‘claim the prize’ (the “Claim Period”).
24. All winners will need to respond to such notification within the Claim Period notifying the Promoter of their full postal address, contact number, and the UK mainland postal address (the “Claim Notification”).
25. In the event that no Claim Notification has been received within the Claim Period then the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw that winner’s prize and ask the Judging Panel to select a replacement winner from the original, duly and fully completed Entries.
26. The selection of the winner will take place on Tuesday 14th August 2018. And the winner will be informed via email within 72 hours of being selected.
27. One winner shall receive:
(a) Return flights and two nights bed and breakfast in a double room for two people travelling together to Munich, Germany before 31st October 2018. Subject to availability and not available during UK bank holidays. The winner will also receive a CityTourCard to get you round town on public transport with discounted entrance tickets to the museums and sights.
28. Please note:
(a) The prize is subject to availability and needs to be taken before 31st October 2018; and
(b) The prize winner must have a valid British Passport issued in the UK, or must be able to arrange travel permits to Germany if necessary
(c) The prize is not available during UK bank holidays; and
(d) Once the flights are booked no name changes are possible; and
(e) No cash prizes available if the winner is unable to take the break; and
(f) Direct flights are not guaranteed
(g) In the event of unforeseen circumstances, matters outside of its control or unavailability of any prize (or any constituent part thereof), the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value
- The panel of judges (the “Judging Panel”) will include member/s of the Promoter and its agents.
- The Judging Panel will randomly select a winner from the quiz entries submitted for the Prize.
- The full names of those comprising the Judging Panel will be made available on request after 28 days to those sending an email to the Email Address.
- The Judging Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If, for any reason, Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz is not capable of being run as the Promoter intends, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of it. This will apply in any of (but is not limited to) the following circumstances: force major events, tampering with entries, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter.
- Neither the Promoter, nor any of its group companies or any of its (or their), employees, directors or agents shall be liable for, and accepts no responsibility in respect of:
(a) entries lost, delayed or incomplete;
(b) entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the prize entry address;
(c) the non-delivery of emails sent from the Email Address;
(d) any inaccurate or incomplete Claim Notification; or
(e) any attempt by an entrant to claim a prize outside of the Claim Period.
- Proof of emailing will not constitute proof of receipt by the Promoter
- Any question of interpretation or application of these Rules shall be determined by the Promoter.
- These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. By participating in Wines of Germany Riesling Quiz, Entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delayed or non-delivery of emails to Entrants. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to check that email addresses provided by it are correct and that emails from the Promoter will not be automatically classed as “junk” or “spam” and sent to the user’s junk mail filter or otherwise filtered or deleted.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any technical or other problems that mean participation is or communications are impossible or delayed.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the use or trading of the prize by any winner