This applies to all personal information processed by or on behalf of The Deutsches Weininstitut or Phipps Relations who manages the UK marketing campaign from Wines of Germany.
This policy complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Changes to this privacy notice
The Deutsches Weininstitut may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or changes to its activities.
- What type of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we may process include:
- Personal and contact details including title, full name, email address, postcode, city, country, data source
- Your nationality
- Marketing to you and analysing data – including history of email communications, whether or not you open emails or click on links
- What is the source of your personal information?
If you receive marketing communications from us (specifically email newsletters) this has either come from a direct consent from yourself (from sources such as attending an event Wines of Germany UK has either hosted or participated in) or from a direct consent from a third-party company which we have had a commercial partnership with and you have consented with the third party sharing their data with us.
To comply with our legal obligations, we will only contact you with your consent.
- What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 3 above, for any of the following purposes:
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us send you the best and most relevant event offers
- We’ll send marketing to you by email, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match)
- To provide personalised content to you, such as tailoring emails and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels (e.g. email, social media)
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- How and when can you withdraw your consent?
You are permitted to withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com, by calling +44 (0) 20 7759 7405 or by writing to us at Wines of Germany, Phipps Relations, 17 Exeter Street, London, WC2E 7DU.
This request should contain the following details: name and surname, email address and country of residence.
- Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
Wines of Germany UK is based in the UK and the Deutsches Weininstitut is based in Germany. Your personal information may be transferred between Wines of Germany UK and the Deutsches Weininstitut. If we do so, we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place to ensure data is fully encrypted.
Your data will not be passed onto any other third party within or outside the UK or Germany (including outside of the EEA).
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
Please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +44 (0) 20 7759 7405 or by writing to us at Wines of Germany, Phipps Relations, 17 Exeter Street, London, WC2E 7DU so we can update your personal records accordingly.
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we notify you otherwise, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
If you contact us to request to have your details erased, we will do so and ensure no personal information is held by either Wines of Germany UK or the Deutsches Weininstitut.
- What are your rights under Data Protection laws?
In line with the GDPR, here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
You can also contact us using the details below.
- Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com, by calling +44 (0) 20 7759 7405 or by writing to us at Wines of Germany, Phipps Relations, 17 Exeter Street, London, WC2E 7DU to exercise these rights.
- Contact us