A quick and easy recipe for Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce. If you love cod fish recipes, try this flavorful dish for dinner tonight!
- 30g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 enchalion shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 300g risotto rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 160g peas, fresh or frozen
- 75g parmesan grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest, reserve some zest for garnish
- salt and black pepper
- rocket to garnish
- Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic for 5-6 minutes until soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice then stir continuously until the rice is shiny and transparent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until totally evaporated. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring with each addition until absorbed. Continue to add stock over a medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the peas during the last 10 minutes of cooking. The risotto should be creamy and slightly wet.
- Add grated parmesan, lemon juice and zest and season with salt and black pepper. Serve topped with the lemon zest, rocket and more grated parmesan.
A dry, crisp Pinot Gris or a full-bodied dry Chardonnay – the creamy texture fits perfect to this delicate vegetarian dish!
Pan seared cod in a tomato and basil sauce
Mushroom and Herb Polenta
Herby and creamy polenta brought to life with earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese!
A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!