These pies are classic British comfort food! Share them with friends and family on a crisp autumn day.
- 30g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 enchalion shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 300g risotto rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 160g peas, fresh or frozen
- 75g parmesan grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest, reserve some zest for garnish
- salt and black pepper
- rocket to garnish
- Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic for 5-6 minutes until soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice then stir continuously until the rice is shiny and transparent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until totally evaporated. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring with each addition until absorbed. Continue to add stock over a medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the peas during the last 10 minutes of cooking. The risotto should be creamy and slightly wet.
- Add grated parmesan, lemon juice and zest and season with salt and black pepper. Serve topped with the lemon zest, rocket and more grated parmesan.
A dry, crisp Pinot Gris or a full-bodied dry Chardonnay – the creamy texture fits perfect to this delicate vegetarian dish!
Individual Beef and Red wine Pies
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.
Apples, watermelon, radish and fennel topped with salted hazelnuts and shavings of pecorino.
Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel
Packed with delicious veggetables and herbs, the Sheet Pan Snapper with Potatoes and Fennel makes for a perfect simple summer supper!