*REGISTRATIONS CLOSED* Wines of Germany UK is on the hunt for ‘Germany’s Winning Wines’ 2022 and we need your wines!
We are looking for the best wines from Germany, currently available in the UK. After selection by blind tasting by a panel of industry experts, the winning wines will be promoted to consumers and members of the trade and press, to inspire the nation to try new wines and discover what Germany has to offer today!
The Winning Wines will be communicated to consumer press and social influencers to generate awareness as well as being presented throughout the year at several key trade and consumer events in the UK including The Big G Trade Summit and numerous other ad hoc activities.
If you think you have a wine in your portfolio that deserves to be shouted about, simply submit your wines for free!
How can you get involved?
- If you would like to enter your German wines to be judged by the panel, please fill in the online form, providing your contact details and information on the wines you would like to submit by 3rd February 2022: Registration Form
- Please then ensure two bottles of each still wine/three bottles of each sparkling wine are submitted to the address below by 9th February 2022. Please also include the attached sheet on every box.
- Address for samples: Wines of Germany c/o Wine Logistics, 14 St George’s Business Park, White Lion Road, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 9JQ
- German producers who have representation in the UK must enter through their importers.
- Importers may submit two wines per producer for consideration – i.e. if you have four producers, you can submit a maximum of eight wines.
- Wines must be submitted into the following categories:
- Each wine will be tasted blind by the specialist panels who will only know the grape variety, region, vintage, price, and sector and the wines with the highest scores will be the wines chosen to form Wines of Germany’s bank of ‘Germany’s Winning Wines’ 2022. Please note, the quality to price ratio (trade pricing) for each wine will be an important factor during the judging process.
- It is free to enter and the only costs incurred at this stage will be the provision and delivery of stock.
- If your wine is successful, we will then also require 12 bottles for off-trade wines and 6 bottles for on-trade wines, to be used in other tastings or media drops throughout the year. By registering your wine for the competition, you agree to supply samples of your wine should your wine be selected for the ‘Germany’s Winning Wines’ 2022. We may require additional samples throughout the year, but these would be provided on a voluntary basis.
If you have any queries about this activity, please do not hesitate to contact Wines of Germany UK at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and working together on this project.