A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 700g mixed mushrooms, very large ones halved
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1l vegetable stock
- 160g instant polenta
- 160g Parmesan, grated
- 60g butter
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped chervil
- 200g Taleggio (rind removed), cut into 1cm slides
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat up half the olive oil in a large frying pan. Once hot, add half of the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes, or until just cooked: try not to move them so much so you get golden-brown patches on their surface.
- Remove from the pan, and repeat with the rest of the mushrooms and oil. Off the heat, return all the mushrooms to the pan and add the garlic, tarragon, thyme, truffle oil and some salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan. Slowly stir in the polenta, then reduce the heat to the minimum and cook stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. The polenta is ready when it leaves the sides of the pan but is still runny. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high. When the polenta is ready, stir in the Parmesan, butter, rosemary and half the chervil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the polenta over a heatproof dish and top with the Taleggio.
- Place under the grill until the cheese bubbles.
- Remove, top with mushrooms and their juices, and return to the grill for a minute to warm up.
- Serve hot, garnished with the remaining chervil.
Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir)
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!
Individual Beef and Red wine Pies
These pies are classic British comfort food! Share them with friends and family on a crisp autumn day.
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.