A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- 200g pappardelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 300g mixed mushrooms, including some wild ones if possible
- 100g mange tout, sliced diagonally
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml double cream
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/ gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment. Combine the cheese with the thyme leaves and a little black pepper. Place spoonfuls onto the baking tray spaced a little apart – don’t press them down as they will melt and spread naturally. You should have around 8. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling. Leave to cool on the tray, carefully peeling off when cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook for around 2 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until their juices have been released. Add the mange tout and cook for another 2 minutes until the juices have evaporated. Pour over the wine, let it bubble up and cook for a minute then stir in the cream and parsley. Heat through then toss in the pasta, season, stir well and let it sit for a minute before serving in big bowls with the parmesan crisps alongside.
Mushrooms are versatile, and can be paired with both red and white wines. So why not try a Pinot Noir in the cooler winter months or perhaps a light Pinot Blanc when the weather gets warmer.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.
Salmon with a chili and garlic and miso paste marinade, served with a dollop of yoghurt and a glass of German Pinot noir.
Apples, watermelon, radish and fennel topped with salted hazelnuts and shavings of pecorino.