Herby and creamy polenta brought to life with earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese!
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- 200g pappardelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 300g mixed mushrooms, including some wild ones if possible
- 100g mange tout, sliced diagonally
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml double cream
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/ gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment. Combine the cheese with the thyme leaves and a little black pepper. Place spoonfuls onto the baking tray spaced a little apart – don’t press them down as they will melt and spread naturally. You should have around 8. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling. Leave to cool on the tray, carefully peeling off when cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook for around 2 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until their juices have been released. Add the mange tout and cook for another 2 minutes until the juices have evaporated. Pour over the wine, let it bubble up and cook for a minute then stir in the cream and parsley. Heat through then toss in the pasta, season, stir well and let it sit for a minute before serving in big bowls with the parmesan crisps alongside.
Mushrooms are versatile, and can be paired with both red and white wines. So why not try a Pinot Noir in the cooler winter months or perhaps a light Pinot Blanc when the weather gets warmer.
Mushroom and Herb Polenta
A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Individual Beef and Red wine Pies
These pies are classic British comfort food! Share them with friends and family on a crisp autumn day.
Sticky Beef Bao buns
Homemade buns filled with pulled beef, carrots and spring onions with a dollop of chili relish made from red and green chili.