A quick and easy recipe for Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce. If you love cod fish recipes, try this flavorful dish for dinner tonight!
1kg pork shoulder
2 shallot, very finely chopped
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp English mustard powder
200g BBQ sauce
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
For the coleslaw
300g red cabbage, finely shredded
100g carrots, grated
1 red onion, finely sliced
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and ground black pepper
12 x 7.5cm brioche or burger buns, sliced
- Place the pork in a roasting tin then combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meat. Cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F/Gas 2). Cover the roasting tin with foil and cook in the oven for 4-5 hours. Check every hour that the joint is not drying out and add extra BBQ sauce if necessary.
- After for 4 hours, check to see if the meat is cooked, it should just fall apart. Then remove from the oven and leave to rest before removing any excess fat and ‘pulling’ the pork with 2 forks, shredding the meat into small pieces. Pour the sticky sauce over the meat and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile mix the coleslaw ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste, chill until required.
- Divide the pulled pork between the rolls then top with a serving of coleslaw.
The sauce should be thick and sticky but if you find that it is thin then transfer it to a pan and heat briskly for a couple of minutes until it thickens.
The more in ingredients you add in a recipe, like in this case, the more a wine can struggle. Because of the sweetness of some of the ingredients, you should stick to a riper red wine such as:
Recher Herrenberg Pinot Noir, Jean Stodden, Ahr, 2012 (£42.99, available at ABS Wine Agencies, Bottle Apostle, Eurovines, Wineservice, Winearray, Bentley’s Wine Merchants, Buy Fine Wine)
Pan seared cod in a tomato and basil sauce
Mushroom and Herb Polenta
Herby and creamy polenta brought to life with earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese!
A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!