A quick and easy recipe for Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce. If you love cod fish recipes, try this flavorful dish for dinner tonight!
500g strong plain flour, plus extra for rolling
1 x 7g sachet easy blend yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
375ml warm water
8 tbsp red onion marmalade
8 large slices Parma ham, shredded into smaller pieces
180g soft goat’s cheese, torn
5 small figs, cut into quarters
handful of rocket
extra virgin olive oil
- To make the dough sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl add the yeast and sugar then make a well in the centre of the flour. Pour in the olive oil and water and mix with a spatula until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Return the dough to a clean, lightly greased bowl. Cover with a clean damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7). Divide the flour into 4 equal portions and on a lightly floured board roll out each piece into an oval shape approximately 25 cm long and 18 cm wide. Place on 2 large non-stick baking trays.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of red onion marmalade on each pizza base then divide the Parma ham, goat’s cheese and figs between the four bases.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp.
- To serve place each pizza on a board and garnish with rocket and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Aromatic grape varieties such as Scheurebe and Sauvignon Blanc go particularly well with this dish.Goat cheese is quite versatile, so any other citrussy white with a good weight and texture just like the Riesling below would be just fine.
Recommendation: Der Elegante Riesling, Weegmüller, Pfalz, 2014 (£17.99 available at Hallgarten)
Pan seared cod in a tomato and basil sauce
Mushroom and Herb Polenta
Herby and creamy polenta brought to life with earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese!
A Selection of German meat, gherkins, caperberries and mustard with soft pretzel sticks and spicy pork meatballs with tomato sauce.
Blue Cheese, Pea and Asparagus Quiche
The taste of Spring in a pastry case! Perfect either served warm as a seasonal main, or chilled and packed for a picnic.
Thai Green Chicken Curry with Sticky Rice
A fresh Thai curry – sauce made with green Thai paste, kaffir lime leaves. Fresh basil, coriander and coconut milk.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Parmesan Crisps
These parmesan crisps add a delicious little crunch to the Mushroom pappardelle – and so easy to make!